Thursday, July 2, 2015

I remember....

I remember the day mum went out to hang a big load of washing.
Amy and I were inside in the kitchen, a bright colourful pink box of yummy food grabbed our attention.  It was on the second shelf in the pantry. Another little person who was exploring with me and was also taller than me could reach the second shelf.   Amy stretched up and reached the small pink box and we ripped the cardboard box apart right there on the kitchen floor.  Inside was a white shiny bag which we tore open to get the yummy pink treasure.  Do you know what happened next?
The pink treasure  went everywhere. The kitchen floor was covered in pink crystals and they were all over Amy’s and my face, down our white tops that were now a shade of pink and on our pants.

I remember mum and nana walked back inside and we just smiled and they looked shocked and gasped, then just started laughing at us.  Mum nearly ended up on the kitchen floor with us as it was so slippery from the tiny little crystals that were now everywhere.  Mum  took a photo of us so dad could see what adventures we had been up too that day when  he got home from work.  I remember mum had a big mess to clean up and plus  loads more washing and we got to have a pink bubble bath as we had pink crystals in our hair and were sticky from our little heads right to our little toes and everywhere in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment